The main functionality of built in functions is that they dont need any arguments or paramaters and can be used directly with select to return system values.
Some of them are
• SESSION: – Returns a number for the session for current user .
• TIME: – this function provides the current time based on a 24-hour day
• USER: – This one gives the user name of the current user.
• ACCOUNT: – display's your Teradata Account information
• CURRENT_DATE: – Returns the current system date
• CURRENT_TIME: - This function returns the current system time and current session ‘Time Zone’ displacement.
• CURRENT_TIMESTAMP: - Returns the current system timestamp with TimeZone
• DATABASE: – It returns the name of the default database for the current user.
• DATE: – same as Current_DATE and is teradata built in .