What are the functions of a Teradata DBA?
Following are the different functions which a DBA can perform:
1. User Management – Creation and managing Users, Databases, Roles, Profiles and Accounts.
2. Space Allocation – Assigning Permanent Space, Spool Space and Temporary Space.
3. Access of Database Objects – Granting and Revoking Access Rights on different database objects.
4. Security Control – Handling logon and logoff rules for Users.
5. System Maintenance – Specification of system defaults, restart etc.
6. System Performance – Use of Performance Monitor(PMON), Priority Scheduler and Job Scheduling.
7. Resource Monitoring – Database Query Log(DBQL) and Access Logging.
8. Data Archives, Restores and Recovery – ARC Utility and Permanent Journals.